The TAO Community Edition has been downloaded by users in over 170 countries, making it the world’s leading open source assessment platform.
To accelerate the adoption of TAO even further and inspire contributions from users and developers from around the world, we are offering you the full-time position of TAO Community Manager & Open Source Evangelist.
In this job you get to mix the two things that you love the most: people and technology. You will work with a community of creative engineers and inspiring education experts from all over the world who are curious, creative and whip smart.
You understand that while the output of your work is elegant in its simplicity, the mechanics of bringing together a diverse team is in fact highly complex. You find this challenge of converting complexity into simplicity invigorating, and when the output of your work benefits real people, it seals the deal for you.
- Engage with passionate and inspiring people who want to contribute content, code and user interface translations, all in the pursuit of one common goal: to make TAO even better.
- Manage a multi-cultural environment.
- Lead groups of volunteers from within, whose motivation and engagement can be of the purest.
- Ensure ownership of the community’s mission is broadly shared, and capture its energy to make things happen.
- Encourage and enable community members to become more involved in a project, an idea, or a dream, and work with them to turn these into action.
- Balance people and technology, and establish an atmosphere that ensures smooth communication and visibility in an open environment.
- Be the focal point of user inquiries and contribution proposals through the TAO Hub at https://hub.taocloud.org/
- Take the TAO hub to the next level by articulating and promoting TAO best practices for content and code contributions.
- Provide expert advice on TAO, including architecture, APIs, functionality, usage, and deployment methodologies.
- Administer coding workshops and hackathons, introducing prospective users to the TAO Community Edition
- Act as a liaison between Product Management, Engineering and Sales, articulating customer feedback to help shape our product roadmap and better serve our users worldwide.
- 5+ years of participating and/or contributing to a variety of Open Source communities
- Successful track record in growing community engagement
- Inspiring communicator
- Experienced in web applications built on the LAMP stack
- Responsible, energetic and self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a knack for delivering compelling presentations
- Familiarity with API development and application integration is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Compensation and benefits:
- Attractive compensation
- Europe Assistance travel insurance
- Lunch vouchers
- Flexible work hours
- Fun and relaxed working environment
- Opportunities for advancement within our global organization