Looking to join a rapidly growing company that offers challenging tasks and contributes to the future of online-assessment?
We are looking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer to work with the company’s senior engineers and key employees with the goal of establishing OAT as the undisputed leader in open assessment and education technology solutions.
You will be working with the latest technologies: PHP7, Golang, AWS, GCP, Kafka, Kubernetes, Symfony,… and be responsible for designing and developing our large-scale assessment solution. More precisely, here’s what you’ll do:
- Advising best practices or new technologies to serve new requirements
- Designing standalone systems and new features in existing systems to fulfill our challenging business needs
- Giving thoughtful code reviews as a domain expert
- Mentoring team members
Qualification and skills:
- Fluency in English
- Empathy to ensure a good collaboration with others
- Leadership knowledge and experience
- Mentoring skills
- Excellent knowledge of PHP7, SQL, and NoSQL databases
- Strong experience in one or multiple frameworks (Symfony, Slim, Laravel, …)
- Knowledge of AWS/GCP is a plus
- Understands basic Agile and SCRUM concepts
Open Assessment Technologies is the creator of the TAO open-sources platform which is the leading digital assessment solution for education and career advancement. Modular, customizable and interoperable by design, TAO empowers you to break free from the confines of proprietary silos, eliminate expensive licensing fees, take full control of your testing resources, and enjoy enterprise-level support.
Perks working for OAT:
- Flexible working hours
- Access to conferences, training, certifications, etc
- The possibility to work from home (up to one day per week)
- Company and team events
- International and multicultural working environment