The QA Automation Lead will be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of automated testing frameworks for different technologies. They will work closely with development teams to identify areas of the application that need automated testing and create and execute automated tests for new and existing features.
The QA Automation Lead will also lead the QA Automation team in the design and implementation of test strategies and plans, monitor and report on test execution and results, and stay up-to-date with the latest QA automation tools and technologies.
The ultimate goal of this position is to ensure the highest level of quality and reliability in the software products by continuously improving the automation process and increasing test coverage..
- Lead the QA Automation team in the design and implementation of test strategies and plans.
- Develop and maintain different automated testing frameworks with tools like Selenium and Cypress.
- Collaborate with development teams to identify areas of the application that need automated testing.
- Create and execute automated tests for new and existing features.
- Monitor and report on test execution and results.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest QA automation tools and technologies and make recommendations for improvements to the team.
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure that testing goals align with business objectives.
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback on testability and maintainability.
- Mentor junior members of the QA automation team.
- Continuously improve the automation process and increase test coverage.
- Participate in planning and execution of testing for releases.
- Ensure that automated tests are integrated into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Troubleshoot and debug automated test failures.
- Manage and maintain testing environments.
- Provide regular progress updates to management and stakeholders.
Qualifications and skills
- Proven experience leading a QA Automation team and developing automated testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline and integration of automated tests.
- Experience with testing web and API applications.
- Strong knowledge of software development and testing best practices.
- Complete understanding of automation systems and databases
- Experience with test management tools like TestRail, qTest, Jira, etc.
- Expertise in automation testing tools like Selenium, Cypress
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborate with others with empathy
- Take on trust and tasks proactively when blocked elsewhere
- Excellent knowledge of Python programming languages
- Good knowledge with VCS (Git)
- Good knowledge of scripting and other related procedures
- Understanding of basic Agile concepts
- Able to identify and understand basic cloud patterns
- Takes security by design into account for new systems
- Anticipate and share schedule deviations in plenty of time
- Demonstrate concepts proactively with prototypes
- Fluent in English
- ISTQB certifications (CTLF and CT-TAE) or relevant ones is a plus