Technical Account Manager
Looking to join a rapidly growing company that offers challenging projects and contributes to the future of online assessment and the EdTech Industry?
OAT is looking for a mid-level Solutions Specialist who is interested in working on a dynamic and cross-functional team that is passionate about next-generation digital learning solutions. Reporting to the Inbound Sales branch as part of the New Business Team, as a Technical Account Manager you will become the trusted advisor for new and current clients. You will have a direct impact on attracting and supporting new clients to gain value from the OAT’s Assessment Platform called TAO and sustain TAO’s growth as a SaaS solution.
The ideal candidate is motivated by a desire to understand the challenges and opportunities facing our diverse audiences while developing content that informs each component of TAO. The Technical Account Manager presents in a voice that is consistent with OAT’s standards, while also adapting the tone based on the audience they are tasked with targeting.
This position is 100% remote, but requires the candidate to operate in Central European Time (CET), and is preferably based in Spain reporting to our Madrid office. At times, this position may require after-hours customer meetings depending on the client’s requested timezone.
OAT has offices and subcontractors in Luxembourg, the United States, Spain, Belarus, the United Kingdom, and Russia.
- Develop trusting relationships with customers, understanding their business needs and technical challenges.
- As a Team-player, support new business initiatives and opportunities::
- Ensure platform adoption and renewals, while identifying upselling opportunities and keeping high customer satisfaction
- Proactively find opportunities for customers to gain additional value from TAO & OAT Services
- Monitor client platform usage data to provide a proactive customer advisory
- Advocate for customers’ priorities internally within the OAT Product Office: gain and report feedback about TAO capabilities, new feature requests, and technical hurdles in support of the TAO product roadmap definition.
- Act as a point of contact for incident management, managing the customer’s expectations and communications to all levels of stakeholders.
- Provide status updates and keep consistent account records in Salesforce.
- Onboard, train, and guide new clients on their digital transformation projects with TAO, OAT’s Assessment Platform. Training sessions (technical and non-technical) are held virtually and in person.
- This position requires up to 15% travel when applicable.
- This is a technical customer-facing position, technical knowledge and a willingness to learn are a must. TAO is a technical SaaS offering developed for assessment professionals by engineers. Substantial TAO software onboarding and EdTech and/or assessment industry training will be required for this role.
- A winning personality with excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Attitude towards learning and iteratively gaining technical knowledge to become autonomous, while becoming a point of contact for guidance and advisory and as part of a remote team.
- Analytical thinking with the ability to think outside the box
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Reliability and attitude to take ownership and defend decisions
- Experience in the SaaS or Computer Software Industry
- Experience in a similar role as a Technical Account Manager, Consultant, Sales Engineer, Trainer.
- Experience in a customer-facing role, interfacing with executive stakeholders, supporting customer technical implementations or transformation programs
- While always respecting a healthy work life balance, flexibility to cater to a global market. This is not a traditional 9:00 – 5:00 position considering the international audience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written; multilingualism is not required but definitely a major plus.
- Familiarity with office software such as the Google Suite and Microsoft Office
Nice to have
- Experience with TAO
- Experience with CRM Solutions like Hubspot or Salesforce
- Experience in Open Source projects
- Experience in Jira/Confluence
Have you made training materials, account plans, project roadmaps, engaging presentations, wrote an article, or anything else you think we could be interested in? – Please include the links in your application; we are looking forward to learning about you and your skills!
- Professional references from both employers and clients which you have trained successfully are a plus.
What you can expect from us
We understand that this is not the kind of job you can jump into from one day to another – after all, you won’t acquire years of institutional knowledge overnight. We will train you thoroughly over an extended period of time to ensure you can do your job with great confidence.
Being part of our New Business Team opens up opportunities for personal development and career progression.
If you think this job is for you but you aren’t entirely sure what we expect from you, don’t hesitate to reach out to us; we will be more than happy to answer your questions.Apply Now