Looking to join a rapidly growing company that offers challenging projects and contributes to the future of online assessment and EdTech Industry?
OAT is looking for a mid-level Solutions Specialist who is interested in working on a dynamic and cross functional team that is passionate about next-generation digital learning solutions. Reporting to the Inbound Sales branch as part of the New Business Team, as an Account Manager you will become the trusted advisor for new and current clients. You will have a direct impact on attracting and supporting new clients to gain value from the OAT’s Assessment Platform called TAO and sustain TAO’s growth as a SaaS solution.
The ideal candidate is motivated by a desire to understand the challenges and opportunities facing our diverse audiences, while developing content that informs each component of TAO. The Account Manager presents in a voice that is consistent with OAT’s standards, while also adapting the tone based on the audience they are tasked with targeting.
This position is 100% remote, but requires the candidate to operate in Central European Time (CET), and is preferably based in Spain reporting to our Madrid office. At times, this position may require after-hours customer meetings depending on the client’s requested timezone.
OAT has offices and subcontractors in Luxembourg, the United States, Spain, Belarus, United Kingdom, and Russia.
Account Management & Customer Retention
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships, identifying opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Comprehensively understand customer needs, ensuring our product solutions effectively address them.
- Maintain open lines of communication with customers, regularly providing updates on product developments, and changes, and addressing any queries or concerns.
- Conduct product demonstrations, adeptly answering any product-related questions or concerns to foster customer confidence and product understanding.
- Conduct comprehensive product training sessions for new and existing customers.
- Constantly strive for the highest levels of customer satisfaction through timely and effective responses and proactive problem-solving.
- Act as a technical consultant, offering insights, recommendations, and solutions tailored to the customer’s specific needs. Help customers understand how the product or service can address their challenges or improve their operations.
- Generate proposals to upsell to existing customers, aligning additional offerings with their needs and growth objectives, and report on forecasted renewals and upselling opportunities.
- Ensure timely renewal of customer contracts to prevent service disruption and maintain consistent revenue. For any accounts identified as being at risk, develop and implement effective action plans to minimize the chance of contract or subscription cancellation, thereby enhancing customer retention.
- Collaborate on the redefinition, creation, and maintenance of the internal process for successful account management.
Product Enabler and Sales Support
- Gain in-depth knowledge about the technical specifications, features, and benefits of the products or services being sold. Stay updated with industry trends, competitor offerings, and emerging technologies.
- Develop and refine a product gap catalog to track and address any missing features or functionalities in the product.
- Collaborate with the sales team to provide technical expertise during the pre-sales process.
- Create and conduct proposals, demonstrations, and presentations to showcase the product’s capabilities and align them with customer requirements.
- Train OAT employees on product features, solutions, benefits, and applications, ensuring widespread understanding and proper usage.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure product information is accurate and up-to-date across all marketing channels and materials.
- Influence on messaging and positioning for the product on marketing channels and materials.
- A winning personality with excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Attitude towards learning and iteratively gaining technical knowledge to become autonomous, while becoming a point of contact for guidance and advisory and as part of a remote team.
- Analytical thinking with the ability to think outside the box
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Reliability and attitude to take ownership and defend decisions
- Experience in the SaaS or Computer Software Industry
- Experience in a similar role as a Technical Account Manager, Client Success, Client Service, Trainer oriented to sales.
- Experience in a customer-facing role, interfacing with executive stakeholders, supporting customer technical implementations or transformation programs
- While always respecting a healthy work life balance, flexibility to cater to a global market. This is not a traditional 9 AM – 5 PM position considering the international audience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written; multilingualism is not required but definitely a major plus.
- Familiarity with office software such as the Google Suite and Microsoft Office
Nice to have
- Experience with TAO
- Experience with CRM Solutions like Hubspot or Salesforce
- Experience in Open Source projects
- Experience in Jira/Confluence
Have you made training materials, account plans, project roadmaps, engaging presentations, wrote an article, or anything else you think we could be interested in? – Please include the links in your application; we are looking forward to learning about you and your skills!
- Professional references from both employers and clients which you have trained successfully are a plus.
What you can expect from us
We understand that this is not the kind of job you can jump into from one day to another – after all, you won’t acquire years of institutional knowledge overnight. We will train you thoroughly over an extended period of time to ensure you can do your job with great confidence.
Being part of our New Business Team opens up opportunities for personal development and career progression.
If you think this job is for you but you aren’t entirely sure what we expect from you, don’t hesitate to reach out to us; we will be more than happy to answer your questions.