At Open Assessment Technologies, we come to work every day because we’re serious about the possibilities of digital transformation in the assessment world.
Today’s eLearning landscape is continuously evolving. Everyone is guessing when it comes to technology—but not us. Our TAO platform is the only digital assessment solution built on open standards for a reason: to evolve with the needs of today’s learners.
Our mission is to make an open source platform available to everyone, while providing built-in interoperability and complete ownership of assessment assets— making these features available openly, across the globe.
OAT is looking for a Business Analyst who wants to work on a dynamic team and is passionate about next-generation digital learning solutions.
The Business Analyst documents requirements of the product solutions, including refining the scope & objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Translating problems prioritized by the Product Owners into business requirements (user stories, use cases, visual modeling, diagramming, dataflows, etc);
- Engaging with clients in order to gather, analyze and refine requirements for specific client needs for new feature requests;
- Work with their agile team to create and communicate a technical solution for a given problem, including:
- Writing acceptance criteria for user stories
- Translating business and user requirements into functional and non-functional requirements, specified to an appropriate level of detail that can be used for development
- Reviewing completed work from development sprints and update the documentation accordingly
- Participating in team scrum ceremonies to provide advice, clarification, and guidance during the execution of each Sprint
- Supporting Product Owner and User Experience in the validation of assumptions via proofs of concept and prototyping activities;
- Participate in the execution of user acceptance testing;
- Assist in appropriate end-user training;
- Support commercial sales by providing product-related technical information and attending and supporting a limited number of live demonstrations;
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Has a BA/BS (Masters preferred) in business administration, economics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, or a related field, plus at least three years’ experience in business and software usability analysis;
- Business and technical conversant in order to talk to customers and agile teams;
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies and Design Thinking;
- Has assessment experience or is interested in learning more about online assessment.
- Communicates well in writing and verbally (B2 English is a minimum) to a variety of constituencies and has experience facilitating and presenting;
- Identifies and analyzes problems, proposes solutions, and anticipates future problem areas before initiating action and implementing solutions;
- Is detail-oriented and possesses strong analytical, problem-solving, critical and creative thinking skills;
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility and a spirit of cooperation in all contexts;
- Is intellectually curious with a demonstrated commitment to continuous growth.
Perks working for OAT:
- Flexible working hours
- Working for a open source learning platform
- Access to conferences, training, certifications, etc
- The possibility to work from home
- Company and team events
- International and multicultural working environment
Still Interested after reading this? Please contact us at email@example.com and send your CVApply Now