The National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME) is a professional organization for individuals involved in assessment, evaluation, testing, and other aspects of educational measurement.
At this event, we are offering a 4-hour TAO workshop, as well as a coordinated session with the University of Alberta showcasing the latest advances in open source-base assessment technology.
TAO Workshop: A Hands-On Introduction to TAO, the Open Source assessment solution for Education and public sector Employment
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014
1 pm – 5 pm
This workshop is for the technically inclined audience who would like to learn how to use computer-based assessment tools as part of their research, their teaching or for personnel recruitment. This workshop consists of three sections:
- Item development and item banking
- Test assembly and delivery
- Results analysis and reporting
Advances in Open-Source Assessment Technology: Benefits and Applications
Sunday, April 6th, 2014
12:50 pm – 2:20 pm
Open Source initiatives have enabled assessment specialists to save considerable amount of time and money by leveraging advanced, freely available assessment software. In this presentation we will discuss:
• Open-Source-based assessment research and delivery
• High-quality assessment item generation from semantic web resources
• A TAO extension for automated generation of job skill self-assessment by the Tudor Institute
• University of Alberta’s deployment of TAO in medical education, using a rapid development framework.