Inside the classroom, teachers want to have the means to quickly assess their students’ progress and tailor their lesson plan accordingly. And, they would like to do this with a tool that integrates with their LMS (Learning Management System), is easy to use and free of licensing fees.
On the other end of the spectrum, schools and universities worldwide must cope with a rising emphasis on accountability, and calls to demonstrate progress toward mandated learning objectives such as the Common Core Standards in the United States. Education budgets have been directly tied to achieving these goals, making e-assessments a matter of vital concern.
With TAO meeting the requirements for formative, summative and diagnostic assessments, it is seen as a key component of educational reform and innovative teaching methods such as Flipped Instruction and BYOD testing.
TAO has established itself as the de facto alternative to costly proprietary assessment solutions for K-12 and Higher Education, by:
- Demonstrating the effectiveness of education reforms and teaching methods
- Working with limited budgets
- Assessing broader range of skills
- Allowing teachers to spend more time on teaching, less on grading
- Providing real-time feedback to improve lesson plans
- Dramatically improving student engagement
- Ensuring public education meets career-readiness criteria
- Supporting diverse language and cultural settings.
As the leading provider of open source assessment solutions, OAT has repeatedly demonstrated TAO’s effectiveness in large-scale field deployments such as the National Center and State Collaborative (NCSC), the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA), and the Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC).