Open Assessment Technologies is looking for an experienced Product Manager to support our product lead growth across the broader assessment market including the formative assessment market. This position is part of OAT’s Product Division, which oversees Product Management, UX and Business Analysis activities.
The Product Division is responsible for shaping and executing OAT’s product strategy with the goal to increase OAT’s market share across the broader assessment market, which includes both standardized, i.e., summative and diagnostic testing, as well as formative assessment designed to advance learning.
Empowering educators to improve learning outcomes through innovative classroom assessments is a strategic endeavor of OAT, and this position is key to achieving this goal.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and execution of the overall product vision and strategy aligned with company goals.
- Lead product life-cycle activities targeting the formative assessment market, analyzing market and user needs, defining requirements, and delivering winning product-based solutions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to translate UX experience research into effective and attractive products for OAT’s target markets.
- Collaborate with Engineering to prepare product information in raw, factual form for dissemination to Product Marketing. Validate market-facing product information generated by product marketing to elevate product messaging and promote adoption among target users.
- Monitor industry and regulatory changes to capitalize on opportunities and maintain compliance.
- Optimize development lifecycle through agile methodologies and cross-team collaboration.
- Lead the ownership of the product line oriented to the formative segment of the Edtech market, translating product features into easily executable tasks for software development teams.
- Work closely with OAT’s engineering and design teams to ensure product specifications and acceptance criteria are clearly understood and implemented.
- Adhere to internal procedures of product development to maintain comprehensive documentation of products, encompassing their versions, IP registry and implementation details.
- Actively develop and distribute feature demonstrations both within the organization and to external stakeholders, ensuring the feature catalogue remains up-to-date and insightful.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years leading product initiatives, preferably in EdTech.
- Strong track record delivering innovative products from conception to launch.
- Experience developing successful products in the formative or the broader educational technology market segment.
- Deep understanding of global educational landscapes, notably in Europe, but also the USA.
- Up-to-date knowledge about K-12, higher education, assessment diagnostics, and certification solutions.
- Proven capability in defining acceptance criteria for diverse educational products and services.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- A solid foundation in user-centric methodologies, including Design Thinking, Lean Startup, and Iterative development.
- Comprehensive understanding of SaaS pricing models, especially within the EdTech arena.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education, Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience in both B2B and B2C EdTech product management.
Open Assessment Technologies is the creator of the TAO open-sources platform which is the leading digital assessment solution for education and career advancement. Modular, customizable and interoperable by design, TAO empowers you to break free from the confines of proprietary silos, eliminate expensive licensing fees, take full control of your testing resources, and enjoy enterprise-level support.