Open Assessment Technologies is looking for a Senior Accountant to support the Finance team. The Finance Department is responsible for developing and implementing effective and efficient financial planning, reporting, and accounting systems that help the front office achieve their objectives and the management to improve their decision making.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records for all the companies of the group.
- Prepare month end closing process of domestic and foreign subsidiaries consolidation.
- Assist with bank reconciliation and credit card reports.
- Work closely with bookkeeping software (SAGE 100).
- Documentation of accounting entries with supporting data.
- Assist with audit work.
- Work closely with team members on Budgets, Budget Revisions, Strategic plans, Month end and Year-end closing.
- Collaborate with office management in the day to day office organization.
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor or master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ related experience preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; French would be an advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good command of MS-Office, especially MS-Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Good analytical skills and strong attention to detail; Able to multitask and prioritize work effectively.
- A team player with a good sense of humor; a reliable, motivated, proactive and extremely organized individual who exhibits a strong willingness to learn quickly in a demanding environment.
- High-energy, creative and enthusiastic.
Open Assessment Technologies is the creator of the TAO open-sources platform which is the leading digital assessment solution for education and career advancement. Modular, customizable and interoperable by design, TAO empowers you to break free from the confines of proprietary silos, eliminate expensive licensing fees, take full control of your testing resources, and enjoy enterprise-level support.