In many cases, technology can advance a student’s education beyond what can be found in a textbook. Almost eight out of ten educators believe that having technology in the classroom helps them do their job better, and 25% believe that having technology readily available for students can positively impact a student’s education.
As trends to include technology are on the rise, it’s easy to see that a plug-and-play classroom ecosystem fosters enhanced learning for students and critical thinking in the classroom. Especially as classes continue in their hybrid models, the ease of coursework, viewing digital content, virtual tools, and apps affect how students grasp information. Without the proper technology, a student can be deprived of the learning tools they need to be successful.
Since each district and state has its own requirements, it can be difficult to find funding for your classroom’s specific needs. Below, we have compiled a list of some national grants with upcoming deadlines that can bring your classroom to the next level in 2022.
5 Technology Grants for Educators in 2022
- Association of American Educators Foundation Classroom Grant ApplicationThis grant provides recipients with up to $500 and can be used for various projects and materials, including, but not limited to, books, software, calculators, math manipulatives, art supplies, audio-visual equipment, and lab materials. Funds must be used within one year of the application deadline.
- NEA Foundation Student Achievement GrantsOffering a wide variety of grants, the NEA focuses on helping public school teachers foster critical thinking in classrooms and broaden students’ horizons. These grants will fund your efforts for 12 months, and funding may be used for resource materials, supplies, equipment, transportation, and technology — any part of the proposed plan that has a direct impact on the students’ learning.
- Academic Enrichment Grants by The McCarthey Dressman Education FoundationThe McCarthey Dressman Education Foundation offers Academic Enrichment Grants designed to develop in-class and extra-curricular programs that nurture students from lower-income households. You can be awarded up to $10,000 per year for a maximum of 30,000 over three years. This money can be put toward supplies, resources, and materials to enrich your students’ programming.
- AEP Teacher Vision GrantAmerican Electrical Power funds educational projects that promote science, mathematics, technology, the study of energy and a sustainable environment, and energy efficiency in their classrooms. Grant awards range from $100 to $500, and a limit of one grant may be awarded per teacher per year.
- The Dell Technologies Grants Support ProgramWhile not a traditional monetary grant, Dell’s grant support service helps educators secure funding for classroom technology. As a free service, the Grants Program provides public sector K-12 districts with grants information, customized funder research, and consultation to help develop project ideas, fund technology-rich projects, and expand ongoing initiatives.
As with any implementation of new software, funding is only a piece of the puzzle. Careful planning, drafting a project vision and working with the stakeholders in your school is a must in order to increase your chances of securing a grant for classroom based technology.
If your school is looking to add valuable technology to your classroom, TAO Testing offers a variety of seamlessly integrable digital assessment services that enable instructors and empower students to succeed.
Our solutions work in tandem with your existing distance learning toolset to unify your operations and keep you connected to your students even in a hybrid environment. Our reporting software gives you complete visibility to evolve your lesson plans with your students’ needs.
Contact us today to get started on helping your students advance.