Do you want to join a rapidly growing company that offers challenging tasks and contributes to the future of online assessment globally? OAT is looking to hire a solutions oriented Software Sales Engineer with a background in the software industry and a passion for connecting clients with the right product fit to join our company’s New Business team. In this role, you will guide prospects through the inbound sales journey.
This is a technical, highly hands-on role that requires the candidate to take lead on the day-to-day sales and solution design processes, acting as a bi-directional translator between business needs and technology. The expectation is that the candidate will develop a deep TAO product expertise and be able to translate a prospect’s business challenges into technical capabilities, and communicate a strong understanding of all features, how they are used, and how they provide a solution to a prospect’s use cases. The role of the Sales Engineer demands a high degree of autonomy, strong initiative and collaboration skills, and a technical background to efficiently manage the inbound sales cycle.
The responsibilities of the Sales Engineer are to attract new customers globally. The ideal candidate will have experience working closely with Product Development to define feature gap analyses, Business Analysts and Software Engineering to advocate technical requirements defined by the prospect’s needed scope of work, and Finance to validate new pricing models for customized feature integrations. This is in addition to becoming a product solution specialist while managing the end-to-end inbound pipeline, pre-sales, sales for TAO’s SaaS offerings, TAO Accelerate and TAO Ignite.
- Lead prospect discovery and qualification based on BANT qualifiers.
- Lead solution demonstrations with prospective clients.
- Lead solution gap analyses on prospect’s functional and non-functional requirements, supported by TAO Solution Architects and Business Analysts.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing team to support demand generation activities and strategy.
- Manage and develop use case qualifications and playbooks for pre-sales, including the preparation of discovery and demo materials, presentations, and communication scripts to accelerate the sales cycles and deliver consistent value propositions.
- Actively monitor, manage and review inbound form submissions and prospect activity, taking action to prioritize prospects based on their needs, activities, and business potential
- Create and manage prospect opportunities in Salesforce.
- Develop and share quotes, estimations, and order forms for qualified prospects.
- Proactively identify and propose new service offerings based on the use cases and needs of prospects and existing clients, collaborating cross- functionally to assess the feasibility and market need.
- Collaborate closely with the TAO Product teams to support a market and data-driven product roadmap prioritization strategy.
Specific Performance Competencies:
- Driving Results – Commit to significantly increase product sales while reducing the sales cycle as much as possible.
- Building Relationships – Builds and sustains excellent relationships at all levels both internally and externally. Uses relationship networks to strategically accomplish objectives.
- Communication – Communicates passion, energy, intensity, and excitement. Is highly articulate and makes arguments in a compelling matter to mutually agreed points.
- Energy/Endurance – Has a high capacity for work and shows passion, energy, endurance, and intensity. Maintains focus through days of long hours and multiple priorities across all time zones.
- Physical Demands: Ability to travel up to 10% of the time for sales meetings, industry events, and tradeshows.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 3-5+ years of experience in SaaS sales with a proven track record year-to-year growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, or a related field
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both technical and business terms with an English-level mastery of C2 proficiency
- A mastery level of Salesforce and HubSpot CRM tools
- Multi-tasker, able to prioritize and work between multiple opportunities and manage time and projects appropriately, strictly adhering to all deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team to meet required goals
- While always respecting a healthy work life balance, flexibility to cater to a global market. This is not a traditional 9:00 – 17:00 position considering the international audience
- In addition to English, fluency in other languages is an advantage
- MUST HAVE PROVEN EXPERIENCE AS AN ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE OR SALES ENGINEER WITHIN THE SOFTWARE INDUSTRY.
Open Assessment Technologies is the creator of the TAO open-sources platform which is the leading digital assessment solution for education and career advancement. Modular, customizable and interoperable by design, TAO empowers you to break free from the confines of proprietary silos, eliminate expensive licensing fees, take full control of your testing resources, and enjoy enterprise-level support.