April 2023 Release
We’re thrilled to bring you a host of new features and improvements in our latest TAO product release. Get ready to experience a smoother test-taking journey, additional language support, enhanced security, and more!
What’s New in TAO Accelerate, Ignite & Enterprise?
- We’ve added support for Ruby characters in item authoring to make the creation process for Japanese, Chinese and Korean content even more seamless.
- We’ve made several improvements to TAO Advance, including:
- Language Update: TAO Advance now supports the Portuguese (Brazil) language, opening up new opportunities for our Portuguese-speaking users.
- Security Plugins: We’ve implemented a range of security features to maintain the integrity and fairness of our tests:
- Screenshot prevention: Test-takers are no longer able to take screenshots during a test.
- Tab monitoring: Tests are paused and hidden if a test-taker leaves the current tab, alerting proctors to potential cheating.
- Full-screen mode: Test windows are now full-screen to ensure no additional materials are visible.
- Enhanced Proctor Controls: Proctors now have more control over test sessions, through LTI 1.3 integration with your preferred third-party LMS or education platform. They can:
- Authorize the start of a test session
- Re-open and resume test sessions
- Record reasons for flagged irregularities
- Grant extra time for timed tests
- Terminate test sessions